Apr 3, 2001
wouls a papsmear test detect if you have contracted HIV
Response from Mr. Kull
No it would not. A pap smear is used to detect abnormal cells in the cervix that may be indicative of cancer or precancerous conditions. In order to determine if you are HIV infected, you need to get an HIV antibody test at least 3-6 months after exposure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Are My Chances Of Getting Chlamydia From Someone Who Already Has It?
- What Age Do You Get Shingles?
- Viral Infection Throat And Shingles
- Symptoms Of Syphilis Chancre
- Symptoms Of Herpes Simplex 1
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.