Apr 3, 2001
wouls a papsmear test detect if you have contracted HIV
Response from Mr. Kull
No it would not. A pap smear is used to detect abnormal cells in the cervix that may be indicative of cancer or precancerous conditions. In order to determine if you are HIV infected, you need to get an HIV antibody test at least 3-6 months after exposure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If Your Stomach Hurts Does That Mean You Have Hiv?
- Chances Of Getting Hepatitis C If Condom Breaks With Prostitute
- Can You Get Hiv From Your Own Sperm?
- Can A Person Have Sex With A Person With Hiv And Not Get Infected?
- Can You Get Hiv From Fingering If You Have A Very Small Scab?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis And Hiv
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.