Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Symptoms do not equal HIV.
Jul 29, 2006

I feel your pain. For the last 8.5 years I have felt it everyday. I would worry intensely about possible exposures I have had during that time period. There were times when my worry would subside to the point where it was almost undetectable.but it always came back. I felt swollen lymph nodes, looked into magnification mirrors with flashlights for thrush and feared a diagnosis every time that I went to the doctor for anything from a sore throat to allergies. I experienced the symptoms that most of you are fearing; trust me. I am a heterosexual male with only two partners since my last test.but statistics mean very little when it comes to HIV anxiety. Over the past 3 or 4 years I have become VERY familiar with Dr. Bob and this forum. Until today I have never written a single message to Dr. Bob or any of you. Why today? Because I finally got the nerve to take an HIV test. I am HIV negative. A giant WOO HOO!!! and a weight lifted that can only come from taking the test. I wished I would have done it 8 years ago. Please get tested.

P.S. Dr. Bob, Thank you for your kind heart, humor and encouraging words to everyone in this forum. Not only are you loved and appreciated, but you are also needed. Can I get a Woo Hoo from the famous Dr. B?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Absofrickinlutely! WOOOO-HOOOO!

Of course it's light years overdue, but hey, some folks believe in "delayed gratification." I just don't happen to be one of them! (Foreplay, yes! But delayed gratification, no!)

Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your story. I hope others locked in their self-induced worried-well hell will take your advice and do what you say, not what you did!

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Abstinence-Only Sed Education
Next
hiv & tb

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.