Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Admiration
Jul 29, 2006

Dear Dr. Bob, I am not that well educated, so please excuse my lack of a better vocabulary. But if I could find every word to describe how I feel about you, they would describe the utmost praise, respect, and admiration. I have been reading daily your forum. Learning and gaining encouragement. My 45 day std tests were all negative, but still remain on antibiotics for the strep. I will repeat the STD & HIV tests in October, and you will hear from me again. I read your comments addressing the ACLU. It was powerful, correct and I am so happy that you were successful with the movement. You have heard from me before, so I guess you know me by now, when I say that God does not judge or discriminate so who gives some little mayor the right to do that to Gods children? Good thing God loves short people too! I will sign off again by continuing to pray everyday for God to continue blessing you with good health, and happiness for this life and the next. P.S. A donation is on the way.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Welcome back to the forum!

Thank you for your very kind comments! I'm delighted the forum is providing you with both useful knowledge and comforting encouragement! Congratulations on your 45-day negative test results! Now that really qualifies as encouraging news!!!

Thank you also for your support regarding the exclusionary and discriminatory actions taken by the Los Altos City Council. It's a shame we have to spend time, energy and resources battling for what is obviously an inalienable right of all citizens to petition their elected officials. Whether this was just a bad judgment call on the part of the city council or whether the decision was based on underlying religious beliefs that vilify gays or perhaps both I don't know, but I'm delighted we were able to have the discriminatory language removed promptly. A large number of business owners in Los Altos rallied to support our efforts and demonstrate to the city council members that Los Altos must not be in the business of discrimination. If the city council had not rescinded the discriminatory policy, the ACLU would have been forced to file a formal lawsuit. Chances are those members of the city council who continued to claim this rule was "legal and fair" knew that it was neither and that the ACLU would prevail in court. BRAVO to all those involved in this effort. Score 1 for liberty, justice and equality. You are correct: the higher powers do not discriminate; however ultimately they may very well judge the mean-spirited actions of those who do!

Finally, thank you for your donation. In return, I'll send my best good-luck/good-health karma that your STD tests remain negative.

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
IF YOU ARE WAITING FOR AN ANSWER FROM DR. BOB READ THIS!!!
Next
HIV positive friend

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.