The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

The Off-shore guy ... again!

Jul 26, 2006

hello doc,

it's been a while since i last wrote you. and sad to say, i'm still on board and can't get a test and make a donation for you. (so sorry but i'll be home on sunday so expect a donation from me)

i just want to ask again, after 3 months now, this enlarged lymph node under my jaw is still present. does this look HIV to you? still having sleepless nights, and aside from this, i have no other symptoms.

I'm a little too chickensh**t right now. I just want to here your comments again before i home and check. shed me some little light.

again this is my risk :

1. broken pimple in the pubic area. is a broken pimple deep enough and big enough for HIV to transmit?

2. fingering with cut is just a theorical risk right?

thanks for your time doctor. I have relatives in LA, and if i test positive, i'm going to visit you.

Response from Dr. Frascino


Chickenshit indeed! Geez, the Cowardly Lion in the Wizard of Oz has more guts than you!

1. Since I cannot examine the pubic pimple, it's difficult for me to speculate. In general, unless your pimple was so large and deep that they should have had orange hazard cones parked along the perimeter, I'd say no, your pooped-pimple-pubic-predicament is not a real problem.

2. Right!

I can just about guarantee you won't have to make that trip up from L.A.

Good luck!

Dr. Bob

no q, just a how are you?
OCD medication causing false negative results?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint