(not so) sad and (not so) sorry aussie

Dr Bob!, After testing (Elisa) at a little over 11 weeks its guess what? Negative!! It still hasnt really sunk in after these last months of hell, and i know its slightly early, considering it would be about exactly 3months on August 8th, but can i woo hoo just a little bit now? Partially? I have few niggling doubts (here we go he says). Two days ago when I tested I was fine but today have come down with a really bad flu- would that interfere with the Elisa result in any way? Also re the cortisone issue- i briefly used some topical cream for heat rash on my arms about 4 months ago, and before this in Sydney i used some for a small spot of vertiligo ( the micheal jackson "disorder"!) on my arm. Would this factor at all in results? I know its sounds silly but I've checked the archives and couldn't quite find answers- or maybe I'm just daft..

I'm quite sure there hasn't been a blood mix up as im in Tokyo and you know how bloody thorough they are here, Also theres so few people getting tested here i would think. Regardless they still dont really have a bloody clue about HIV here and i think its still highly stigmatized, It's the old I'm ashamed so I'll commit seppuku thing. But it is so weird when one phonecall to the clinic and one word "negative " is all you get. At least the doc could've chatted a while!

Actually both my brothers are decent surfers so when you're in sydney let me know! Im sure they can help you get in the barrel or thereabouts. Watch out down the south coast, you might bump into mr. great white though!

Will probabaly be going to Manila next week so i will get tested at over the 3 month mark there- ( It's waaay to pricey without insurance here! ) Then i guess a final one some months from now if i feel the need. After all i did have unprotected vaginal sex twice with a Thai girl in Bangkok who was pretty much a working girl.. So everyone with your " i got my finger caught in the vaccuum cleaner and it was kind of overcast that day too, do i have HIV? " concerns, PLEASE put it in perspective! Don't let irrational fears ruin your health.

Bob I can't hope to be as off the cuff witty as you, so I'll sign off and post later ( I'm sure you'll be wating with baited breath :)) . Also maybe you should start a Bob's flame forum, some of those political brush offs (to certain types i wont mention) are some of the funniest shit i ever read...goddamn i hate bush.. and doesnt he have any other colour neckties? ohh red, so dominant, so scary.. hes the president.. ohhh, hes got the bomb.. but little johnny howard is no better let me assure you.

Kindest regards and many thanks for your first reply! -(not so) sad and (not so) sorry aussie

Hello Not-So-Sad, Not-So-Sorry Aussie,

1. Your 11-week negative ELISA? Yeah, as a matter of fact, I did guess what! It's an extremely, extremely encouraging result. Your chances of HIV are now about as good as Mary Cheney's chances of having a three-way with the Bush twins.

2. The "niggling doubts": a really bad flu would not interfere with ELISA results. Your minimal use of cortisone, likewise, would not interfere with HIV test results.

Yes, you banged cock in Bangkok with a skanky pro, but all indications are that you successfully dodged the HIV bullet. For absolute definitive and conclusive proof, go ahead and get your three-month test.

Japan? Manila? Oz? Hmmm . . . are you a Quantas fly guy?

As for Dubya . . . do you know what the major difference is between the Vietnam War and the Iraq War???? George W. had a plan to get out of the Vietnam War!

At least Americans now realize when it comes to Dubya, the guy is all foam and no beer.

Stay well, Aussie.

Incident at hospital-FREAKING OUT!
no q, just a how are you?