Hi Doc Just got back from Greece!

Hi Dr Bob, I've missed you and the forum!!! I've been vacationing in Greece for the past six weeks and it has been truly great!!! I believe that I read in one of your previous posts that you have been to this beautiful country as well! The baklava..., the women..., the beaches..., and of course.... the guys!!!! Lol!! Anyways, just got back and saw your reply thank you for your answer! It kind of calmed my fears but also frightened me as well! I will post my previous question below so you can remember the details. Also, I have just donated $50.00 to your wonderful foundation via Paypal!!(Paypal was a great idea, how is that working out for the foundation??? I truly hope it has let the donations come pouring in!!) I will continue to show my support by donating as often as I possibly can! I promise to continue into the future!!! Anyways, I am worried because you said my 2001-2002 hiv test probably did not cover hiv-2, but that I did not need it for my hand-job with vaginal fluids on it anyways!! My question is what about all of my unprotected sexual activities from before the 2001-2002 hiv testing. I value your opinion above all else, both as a doctor and friend!! I know originally I said my hand-job was my one and only incident, but in actuality I meant it was the only one in question, that I was worried about at that time, and I waited 7 months after the hand-job to be tested, negative. Now it seems that as far as hiv-2 is concerned, it kind-of brings my whole promiscuous past into question? Am I correct, should I test for hiv-2?, am I still being overly anal? I don't think I have been with anyone from Wesy Africa!! My last unprotected encounter was indeed the hand-job in 2001-2002, before that there was lots of unprotected vaginal with many different women also, receiving and giving oral and giving anal to females only etc. That is the full extent of my past from roughly 1979-2002, I have been protected since 2002 till now. Is hiv-2 a big concern in the United States? Should it be of concern to me? I patiently look forward to your reply! Can I be sure my negative hiv-1 test taken seven months after my last unprotected incident is enough or should I see about hiv-2? Love you Doc!!! Your Friend, Kurt

Below is my post before vacation... Hi Dr. Bob, Quick question, do you know if an elisa test taken between 2001 and 2002 would have most likely screened for both hiv-1 and hiv-2 or just hiv-1. Also, in Cleveland Ohio where would you suggest I go to have a rapid 20-min hiv test,Do you believe it is even warranted in my case? I can't seem to find this type of test being offered here. Also, let's face it am I just being overly anal about this?? should I stop being concerned with hiv infection from my only encounter in question, received hand-job from female with a decent amount of vaginal fluids on her hands, tested negative in 2001-02 on elisa test roughly 7 months after this one and only unprotected incident. Thank you!!! Dr. Bob, and God bless you! my donation will be sent to your wonderful foundation! Kurt

Hi Kurt,

Six weeks in Greece?!? Hmmm, now that's what I call a vacation! (You wouldn't have missed me if you had invited me to come along!)

OK, on to your questions:

1. Are you still being overly anal??? Absofrickinlutely!

2. "Wesy Africa?" Where's that?

3. To give you an idea of HIV-2 prevalence in the U.S. in the 80s and 90s, statistics show there were a total of 78 persons diagnosed with HIV-2 infection in the U.S. between 1987 and January of 1998. Fifty-two of those were born in West Africa; the rest had either traveled there or had a sexual partner from that region (or had incomplete date for analysis). OK?

4. Do you need an HIV-2 test? No. However, if you want one, they are certainly widely available now. It will undoubtedly be negative.

5. Thank you for your donation! Yes, PayPal is working out well for the foundation. I'll send you an acknowledgement of your tax-deductible gift via snail mail soon.

Love you, too, Kurt (even if you didn't take me along on your vacation).

Stay well.

Oral with cut lip again!!
wife stripper and me