THANKS , THANKS, FALSE POSITIVE YOU WERE RIGHT

Dear Dr. Bob, you were completely right, the positive result on semen (nasba) was a false positive. A second sample was tested by same method and became negative. They explained me that it is a test designed for seminal banks and there is a risk of false positive (contamination of sample or trasport problems) but none existing risk of false negative. Sorry I could not write you earlier to tell you but I have been putting my life back in gear in some aspects. The truth is that your previous answer telling me your opinion and trying to calm me down, has been more helpful that you can imagine. It meant a rational and basic reason to have hope to go on. Thank you very much, Thank you Dr. Bob. I wont test again,thats it. my fears were so strong since my wife wanted to have a baby (so do I) and wanted to be sure that niether my wife or future baby were on risk to transfer the disease. I think there is always worries and fears that we focus on vih, and for those worried even with symthoms(most of the time genereted by stress or others but not vih) please be rational follow an expertise opinion like Dr. Bob or other expert in vih and do not turn your life a impossible scenario to live, avoid repeting tests longer than necessary and if you need help, just try to get expert counseling. Dr. Bob, as soon as I can I will make donation, I,m still puttin my life in order and fighting for things I almost lost during these stressful and uncertain period of my life. Thank you , Thank you Dr. Bob. If you ever come to Spain and need anything just let me know. Stay in touch.

Excellent news! Rather than say "I told ya so," I'll say WOO-HOO! I'm delighted you are putting your life back together and I'm hopeful those still residing in their own self-induced worried-well hell will read your story and do as you say and not as you did!

Congrats!

Be well. Stay well! (I'll reprint your original post below.)

Please very serioius please

as you kwno from before I had a relation wiht protitute where i received oral sex. after 2 months 3 months 4 months and 6 months including a viral load , negative in all of them, at 8 months I was tested negative again , and at 11 months I was tested negative at anti vih1-2 antig.24 Pcr vih and viral load vih . all negative. at 11 months i went for Nasba semen vih detection and surprisling after all negatives became positive. I,m scared to death, they are repeating the test + another pcr and viral load. What is you opinion please, please please please please answer me , I need to know you opinion in first time i have been diagnosed positive by one of the methods, please bob i,m having the worst time in my existence life . your suppor may mean a life to go on. Please I will not dissapointyou , Im planning to visit you and to get some real matters out of this clue. Please help me , I really need it

Time to ratchet down those anxiety levels!!!

You risk, oral sex, carries only a minimal risk for HIV transmission.

Your negative HIV tests, including viral loads, at 2, 3, 4, 6, 8 and 11 weeks are definitive, conclusive, extremely excessive and, for the most part, unwarranted. I can't imagine how or why any physician would have ordered so many unnecessary, expensive and completely unjustified tests!?!

Your 11-month positive NASBA on semen, no less is a false positive. It was bound to happen. If you continue to run unnecessary, unjustified medical tests, eventually you will get a result that you don't understand.

I have absolutely no doubts that you are HIV negative! However, you may well need some psychological help in order to accept this fact. My advice is simple: stop testing; get counseling.

WOOHOO FROM DOWN UNDER!!!!!!
Oral with cut lip again!!