You are of great comfort!

Hi Dr Bob

I just wanted to let you know how grateful I am for the work you are doing. Your informative and comforting answers have been a great source of strength to me over the past 3 months.

I am due to pick up my blood test results on Thursday. I was unfortunately the victim of a broken condom incident during sex with a girl, HIV status unknown, in Thailand. I know the odds are well in my favour, but like so many before me, I can't help but think I may be the unlucky 1 in a 1,000. I have "imagined" most of the symptoms and have no idea whether my glands were swollen or if they were just the same as before. One answer I haven't been able to find is how severe are the "flu like" symptoms and do symptoms go away and return after a while? I also have a mouth ulcer, but maybe this is more to do with the stress I am now feeling.

I now have a girlfriend of a couple of months and I have played it very safe not wanting to put her at risk in anyway. I am falling in love with her so just want this next week to be over as soon as possible so I can resume my life.

I hope to share news of a absolutely frigging huge WOOHOO from Australia soon and a donation to your foundation will be forthcoming.

Andrew... in Sydney.

Hey Andrew,

I agree your symptoms are more like "imagined" than real. You Aussie boys have such great imaginations!

The "flu like" symptoms of acute retroviral syndrome vary greatly form person to person. Some folks describe the flu from Hell while others hardly even notice it. ARS symptoms generally do not recur once they initially resolve.

I'll be waiting for that absolutely frigging huge WOO-HOO from the land down under.

In the meantime, pet a koala for me and if you get sad or scared, just listen to some kookaburra! Their cackling never fails to make me smile!

G'day, Mate!

Serosorting vs Superinfection
thankyou so much