Negative HIV Test Trumps Symptoms Everytime, But Why Do I Still Have The Symptoms?

Hi Dr.

How are you? I want to tell you that you are the best!

My question is, when you say that a negative hiv test trumps symptoms everytime, why do I still have symptoms? I took a 6 month test after a possible exposure (received unprotected oral sex and had protected vaginal sex in which the condom was used properly and did not fail). The test was negative, and I accepted that and moved on. I was also tested for chlamydia and syphilis which were both negative. Is any further testing for me necessary? Do I need to be tested for herpes and gonnorhea? my doctor says no because I have no signs of either. I'm being treated for prostatitis because my prostate feels boggy, I've had it for 7 months now and am going to see a urologist in October. My symptoms are pain during urination, dribbling after urination, pain in bladder and lower back. What else could this be?

Hope you have time for this one. Thanks Dr.

Stay Well

John

Hi John,

Unfortunately I cannot diagnose the exact cause of your symptoms over the Internet; however, with a negative six-month HIV test, I can with great certainty tell you what's not causing them: It's not HIV. No way. No how.

If your symptoms are painful urination, dribbling, pain in the bladder and low back, and you know your prostate feels "boggy," why are you waiting until October to go see a urologist? Clearly that should be your next step in diagnosing your problem. I'd suggest you move that appointment up to next week!

Good luck

penis enlargement
a donation made for all your help