Please answer...i need your opinion

Hi Doctor,

I am writting to you as a doctor to a doctor. Do not laugh please, that i ask so stupid questions, but i am very young doctor (just graduated few months ago)and pretty scared this time.

I think that I have some irrational fear, and I have read through all the archives, but only your answer will make me calm(as you know, doctors usually can make things sooo scary..but u r different for sure!!!)

I tried to post once (on 14.07.), but I suppose that u were rather busy, as all the doctors. I was checking for answer and waiting for it, but u have not been posting for few days, and I was very sad. I rechecked the site believe it or not at least 10 times per day.

I was heterosexual until now, and I never had unprotected sex. But, a week a go I felt strong desire to try something with men. The thing which i tried with a guy (who i met in the gay park...so stupid place) is that I masturbated myself and he did it to himself, but while I was masturbating he used his hand to squeeze my penis (the foreskin part while it was in erection) twice, very briefly like 10 sec each time-I am not circumcized.

I became now so opsessed if there were any precum traces on his fingers, so he could actually transmitt the hiv theoretically that way, as the potential presence of his presemenal fluid could touch my foreskin (full of stupid Langerhans cells), or contact somehow my urethra, after my lost of erection.

Please answer if you can, it would mean a lot to me...am I at risk?I have to mention that he has not cum before squeezing my penis so the possible precum is what I am concerned about.

My previous post was named Have I played safe...

Thank you so much, and I wish all the best to ou and your foundation, it would be so great to improve world health that way, just by trying to spread the truth about the HIV transmission, so that really makes your work sooooo precious.

Despite all my medical knowledge , i really need an opinion from the real expert, that is why I wrote to you...

Thank you again!

Hey New Doc,

Your HIV risk is essentially nonexistent.

I'm disappointed you weren't taught a bit more about HIV transmission in medical school! Well you can remedy that situation by doing some self-study now. Start with the information on this Web site and related links. The HIV InSite site is also another good Web-based resource for this type of information (http://hivinsite.ucsf.edu).

Good luck with your new career and discovery of your sexual orientation, whatever it happens to be.

Be well. Be safe. Stay well.

(RED)
Today is my BIRTHDAY! Please answer my question!