Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Almost a whoo hoo and donation
Jul 22, 2006

Dr. Bob

My wife just got her negative results today as part of a routine exam because we are expecting our first child. She has known that I have been scared about having hiv for the last 9 years even though it would have been through insertive oral wich she said was all in my head. We have had unprotected sex for the last 9 years and she is negative. I am now going to wear condoms with her until I get tested in 3 months during my next lab workup. She thinks this is ridiculous because she is negative but I told her that I could still be poz and she just might have not gotten hiv after the 9 years (lucky). I want to make sure that her and the baby stay negative. I will hopefully be writing back with a big Whoo hoo in a few months and will be making a donation.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

I absolutely agree with your wife! However, since you are so worried, why not just get a rapid test now? The results are available in 20 minutes and will undoubtedly be negative. That will save you three months of unnecessary anxiety. After all, you've been worrying for nine years already. Don't you think that's more than enough?

Your long-overdue WOO-HOO is waiting for you . . . waiting and waiting and waiting . . . .

Thanks for your donation. (www.concertedeffort.org). Oh, and by the way, did I mention your WOO-HOO was ready and waiting for pick-up?

Dr. Bob

Previous
Pricked by Safety Pin on a Gym Locker Key
Next
(RED)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.