Pricked by Safety Pin on a Gym Locker Key
Jul 22, 2006
I read that question about the tuxedo guy. You seemed to think he was worrying for nothing. I pricked myself on a safety pin attached to a public gym locker key and began to think of the worst. Am I also worrying about nothing? - or do I have reason for concern concidering this is a very public place?
Response from Dr. Frascino
So you're wondering if maybe clumsy tuxedo-guy used the same gym locker and pricked his finger right before you pricked yours? Relax, Max, you have absolutely nothing to worry about, because:
1. No one wears tuxedos to do bench presses.
2. Even if they did, HIV (from tuxedo guy or anyone else) doesn't survive outside the body.
3. You can indeed get HIV from a prick, but it's an entirely different type of prick.
Now stop worrying over nothing and start doing those crunches.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Vomiting A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Itchy Rash During Seroconversion
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Itchy Red Spots After Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Moles On Your Vagina Cause Cervical Cancer?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.