Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Can You Please Help?
Jul 22, 2006

Hello again,

I'm the guy that asked the question about the possible HIV/Hep c risk from the cheap earring i bought. I just can't get over it for some reason everytime I cut myself or get a little scrape i get scared I could pass it on to other people. I just need your reassurance that no tests are warranted, is my risk compeletly non-existant?. Please answer it would help me start to live out my life normally. I just couldnt imagine if I passed it on to someone else what I would do. Thank you very much, i won't bother you anymore, I promise. I admire what a great thing you do for people very much. Oh and how about Bush Banning Stem Cell Research? Doesnt he have the time to think of anyone but his church?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Your HIV/hep. C risk is nonexistent. No tests are medically warranted for diagnostic reasons. However, because you "just can't get over it," I would suggest that testing may be the most efficient and effective way for you to quickly and permanently overcome your irrational fears. A rapid HIV test gives an accurate result in just 20 minutes. So if you have the available funds, you might consider just getting the test, proving to yourself, the only person who still needs to be convinced, that you are indeed HIV negative. Then you can get back to "living your life normally!" The hep C test takes a bit longer, but it, too, will undoubtedly be negative. OK?

Bush said, "I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I wouldn't do my job." (July 9, 2004) As we all know, Dubya's "doing a heck of a job!" He's managed to totally muck up everything he's touched Iraq, New Orleans, the environment, the Supreme Court, the economy, HIV/AIDS prevention and now stem-cell research. Yeah, Dubya's doing a heck of a job all right. SHAME ON YOU DUBYA!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Comment on honesty and insults (follow up, rec. by Dr. Bob)
Next
"reposted per your request, Dr. Bob,"

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.