Confidentiality Worry

3 weeks ago I went in to get an HIV test with my girlfriend at planned parenthood. We tested anonamously as they reccomended, but I asked if we could see each others tests, and because of confidentiality, they told us we could not, but we could each request to have copies of our results made, and since it was an OraQuick test, we got our copies. My test was negative and hers was negative as well, as far as what she says, and the form indicates negative as well, however...

I am worried that she is already infected, because the entire reason we went in to test was because of a rumor about her claiming she was HIV positive to someone. Normally I do not listen to rumors, but when it is as serious as HIV, I felt I had no choice but to take it seriously.

It has been 4 weeks since our one quick unprotected encounter (Vaginal sex), and I have had no fever or other things that people might describe as ARS, such as Fever, (Though I have had a redness on the back of my head and upper neck in a small, diamond shaped pattern, but I can't tell if I have swollen nodes or not, and I was told a week ago that I did not by a doctor checking my neck out after I strained it)

So, my question is, if she was previously infected, would it be standard practice to put down a false negative on the test form at her request to conceal her positive status? Or would that go beyond "Confidentiality"? I simply want to know if these results are trustworthy, or if I should get restested at 3 months?

". . . Would it be standard practice to put down a false-negative on a test form at her request to conceal her positive status???" What???? Dude, you've got some very serious trust issues here with your girlfriend and Planned Parenthood, for that matter.

Are the results trustworthy? Of course they are!

Should you get retested in three months? No, of course not!

Do I think your relationship has a snowball's chance in hell of surviving such a crisis in confidence? Nope! And I believe this is primarily your problem. Not hers!

fear of symptoms
Clueless in Chicago