no one to ask around, every statistic has to have its .05% victim, donation Q also.

Hello Dr, unless my Q is in the electronic junk basket I will reiterate my story in a shorter version with more to the point Q.

Situation: father of a beautiful baby girl w/a regretful night at a glory hole. Performed Oral on a man and freiked out since this is most likely common practice for this person. About 5 min, no ejaculation, 6/14/06.

10 days later stuff begun in this order: -sore throat (gone now), -swollen throat glands (salivatory/or lymph but not visible), -gas/nausea problems (almost gone), -headache (comes and go), -dry cough (wont go away) and -odd pain by nipples to top of lymph ducts (top of chest). Its now over 1 mo after exposure!!!

Q: Any insides on symptoms? not all have appeared at the same time but have added on.

Q: What is that burning, swollen like feeling by the nipple to the top of the chest? That and the persisten cough/throat glands keep me up at night?

Q: On donation, is the donation specific to region, cause, prescription etc? I have already signed up for AIDS walk....always do breast cancer. more to give :)

Oh took a 3.5 week oraquick...negative thus far, 6 wks coming up next thurs.

Damn made it long again sorry.

Please respond as I clearly cant talk to my wife or anyone else about this.

Regards,

Faithful and newly devoted reader from MIA.

Hello New Devoted Reader from MIA,

MIA? Missing in Action?

Rather than discuss your "freiked out" current condition, I'll proceed directly to your questions:

1. Your symptoms are not worrisome for HIV ARS or HIV disease.

2. I cannot diagnose your symptoms over the Internet. Sorry. You'll need to have these complaints evaluated in person by a physician. I do not believe they are HIV related.

3. Donations to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can indeed be directed to any of our current projects or to either of our broad objectives, those being (1) providing crucial services for men, women and children living with HIV/AIDS worldwide and (2) increasing the awareness of the HIV/AIDS pandemic through advocacy and education.

Specific current projects include (partial listing):

1. Displaying the AIDS Memorial Quilt at various venues to increase awareness

2. Pediatric HIV/AIDS programs

3. AIDS in Africa program, including providing antiretroviral medications to HIV-positive pregnant women to help prevent transmission of the virus to their unborn children

4. Integrated HIV education programs include Spanish language publications.

Finally, I should mention your HIV risk, oral sex without ejaculation, carries a minimal risk for HIV acquisition. A single HIV test at the three-month mark is all that would be required to definitively and conclusively put your worries to rest. Tests taken prior to three months are not considered to be definitive. Some, if not all, of your "symptoms" may be related to anxiety and guilt over this incident. I would suggest you level with your wife and perhaps consider counseling to help confront any guilt or sexual orientation issues you may be experiencing.

I'll send my best good-luck/good-health karma your way in hopes your definitive three-month HIV test remains negative and that whatever other issues you may be dealing with get sorted out.

You rule!
The most dire question ever written