Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

PLEASE HELP!!! I WILL DONATE!! (resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum)
Jul 20, 2006

Hello Dr.!

I had vaginal intercourse with a woman 6 years ago. I used a condom and after 6 seconds of sex the condom broke I think. I immidately withdrew and placed a new one. Then i think it was probably 20 seconds more then i finished. Because i was very young (16) would i be more easier to the virus? Also if my penis is slight upward (bent)?

Today i have postnasal drip. Im worried this is sign of a big OI! Can you please help what kind of symptoms i would be expecting 6 years after exposure if i did get infected? Would symptoms of AIDS appear 6 years after possible exposure, im very young (22) and ill be going to college graduate school! PLEASE HELP ME DONATION IS ON THE WAY.

Thank you

A Big Fan of you.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Big Fan,

1. Neither your tender age (16) nor that fact your Mr. Happy has an upward bend would increase your risk for HIV.

2. Postnasal drip is one of the most common symptoms in the entire world. It is not a "sign of a big O.I.!"

I would say your chances of being HIV positive are miniscule at best. However, since you are so worried and because the condom did fail (six years ago), I'd suggest you get a simple HIV rapid test. The results will be ready in 20 minutes and it will put your residual worries to rest permanently.

Thanks for your donation! In return I'm sending you my best good-luck/good-health karma that your HIV test confirms what I strongly believe to be true: that you are HIV negative.

Good luck!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Doctor Bob I desperatly need your help!
Next
So scared I am losing it

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.