|One time Oral but hmm
Jul 20, 2006
Amazing ppl take the time to help others out of their own time...you and the others are amazing!!
I have a 1 yr old child and cant sleep thinking I wont see her turn 15 now. Scared crapless (word?) anyhow, to make a story short, Im a married heterosexual male who went to a movie booth and ended up bjing a man out of curiosity. He didnt ejaculate and everytime i felt a little gagging I reset back to the front. Was about maybe 5-7 min total.
1.5 weeks later I started with: sore throat (lasted 1 week all others still have now 4.5 wks later), swollen glands (still have them although not visible nor touchable but I can feel when i swallow), naseous when i eat for like 30 min, gassy and slight pull pain side of chest down to nipple as a bruise.
Took a swab test at 3.5 wks so far negative. Guess after reading online it scares me more even this site (the studies) specially with swollen painless glands lasting.
Q1: Sound like ARS so far?
Q2: how long would ARS last including swollen throat feeling?
Q3: does the 3.5 test give any probability?
Q4: read about donating to help this totally unfair disease...how to donate online?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
2. Usually a couple of weeks max.
3. It's encouraging, but not definitive or conclusive. You'll need a three-month test for that!
4. Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Just click on the donate tab!
Thanks for your kind comments and desire to help others battle "this totally unfair disease!"
Your HIV risk, oral sex, carries only a minimal risk for HIV transmission. A quick read through the archives should give you reassurance and encouragement, not only about oral sex's minimal risk, but also about your "symptoms."
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If The Viral Load Is Zero Does That Mean You Have Cleared The Hepatitis C Virus?
- Will My Doctor Test Me For Herpes When I'm Pregnant?
- What Kind Of Medication Does A Doctor Prescribe For Shingles?
- What Is The Life Cycle Of Gonorrhea?
- What Do Hpv Bumps Look Like?
- Syphilis Prevention And Control
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.