HIV fears due to bisexual boyfriend (clarification)

Dear Dr. Bob,

I wrote this question to you earlier but received some new info and thought it was important to share it for clarity's sake. I also want to let you know what a HUGE fan I am. Thanks for doing what you do! I look forward to donating.

I am a hetero female. My boyfriend and I broke up for a week, during which time he had sex with a man he met at a bar, his first time with a man. He was the insertive partner. They used a condom, but the condom broke. They were having sex for about a minute before they noticed and put on a fresh condom. Before my boyfriend shared this with me, we had sex one more time (It was protected, and the condom did not show any signs of breakage.) After he shared the story of his encounter with me, I ended our relationship because I feel he has a lot to figure out. I went to see my gynocologist for a regular checkup and got a battery of tests. Everything was fine, except my PAP was abnormal, and she determined that it was HPV (I always have protected sex, but she says the virus is quite common in college-age women such as myself, even those who have protected intercourse.)

So, my question is-- Should I be very worried about possible HIV infection from protected sex with my boyfriend after his risky encounter? I know we used a condom, but I am terribly fearful that traces of semen could have leaked from the condom and that my HPV status puts me at a much greater risk for HIV transmission (I have no warts, just abnormal cervical cells.) I'll be retested at three months, but I don't want to live in fear until then.

Thank you so so much, Dr. Bob.

Thanks for your kind comments.

Should you be worried about HIV from protected sex with your boyfriend after his risky encounter? Nope! Assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not break, your "protected" sex would indeed be protected. HIV cannot permeate intact latex. No way. No how.

Your three-month test will be negative.

Stay safe and you'll continue to stay well!

Not another stupid question
Want to go on with my life but cannot