Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HOPE TO GET WHOO HOO
Jul 18, 2006

WELL I FINALLY DID IT BUT I DIDNT DO IT ON MY OWN. I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT AND MADE MY DR APPT KNOWING I WILL HAVE TO TAKE A HIV TEST. I KNOW I AM TOTALLY WRONG FOR GETTING PREGNANT TO MAKE MYSELF FINALLY GET ONE BUT I WOULDNT HAVE IF NOT. (I AM SUCH A BAD PERSON). WELL I TOOK THE TEST ON JULY 7,2006 AND AM SO NERVOUS I WANT TO JUST CALL AND ASK BUT I AM SURE IT WILL TAKE 1 WEEK. I DONT KNOW WHAT I WILL DO IF I AM + I THOUGHT ABOUT JUST RUNNING AWAY WHERE NO ONE CAN FIND ME AND JUST START OVER AND IT JUST BE ME AND MY SON AND NO ONE ELSE. I WOULD CONTACT EVERYONE THAT I WAS WITH TO LET THEM KNOW. OK MABYE THESE ARE JUST SYMPTOMS THAT ARE IN MY HEAD BUT I DONT KNOW SO HERE GOES.

1. SMAL PURPLE BROWN ALMOST LIKE A MOLE ON ARM THAT JUST APPEARED 1 1/2 YEAR AGO ISNT GETTING BIGGER BUT STILL DOSENT LOOK LIKE A NORMAL MOLE.

2. ONE TIME I HAD A LYMPH NODE IN MY ARM PIT GET INFLAMED AND IT HURT WENT AWAY IN LIKE 1 WEEK BUT SOOO LONG AGO I DIDNT REMEMBER.

3. I FORGET ALOT EVEN IF IT WAS JUST SHOWN TO ME OR TOLD TO ME I CANT REMEMBER ANY NAMES UNLESS I CAN RELATE THEM TO SOMEONE I KNOW THAT HAS THE SAME NAME BUT I DONT KNOW IF THATS BECAUSE I HAD ADHD AND STILL HAVE IT A LITTLE SINCE I WAS YOUNG. BUT I AM NOT SURE.

4. DRY HANDS AND FEET ALOT BUT NO FLAKING SKIN.

5. TIREDNESS WITHIN THE PAST 2 YEARS BUT RECENTLY BECAUSE I AM PREGO.

6. CONSTANT DRAINAGE THAT JUST STARTED LIKE 1 MONTH AGO THAT COMES AND GOES. DONT KNOW IF THEY ARE ALLERGIES OR NOT.

7. IT SEEMS LIKE I HEAL A LITTLE LONGER NOW AND LEAVES SCARS I DID SMOKE BUT HAVE QUIT.

I AM SURE THERE ARE SOME MORE BUT THATS ALL THAT I CAN THINK OF.

I HAD 1 HIV TEST IN APRIL 2001. (-) MY SON WAS BORN IN MARCH 2000 SO IS HE OK?

I HAVE HPV AT THE MOMENT AND GOT PRE CANCER CELLS AND HAD CRYOTHERAPY DONE ON JUNE 2,2006 MY DR IS HOPING THAT TOOK CARE OF IT. I DONT KNOW HPV IS HARD TO UNDERSTAND...DOSENT MATTER HOW MANY QUESTIONS I ASK MY DR IT JUST DOSENT MAKE SENSE.

WELL HOPE YOU ANSWER BEFORE I GET MY ANSWERS AND THANKS FOR THE FORUM IT HAD PUT ME AT EASE ALOT BUT SOME OF IT HASNT.

THANKS

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You allowed yourself to get pregnant for the sole reason that you knew the OB-GYN doctor would make you get an HIV test???? Are you kidding me? Please tell me you're kidding. If not, I have very strong reservations about your intrinsic ability to make rational decisions and therefore your ability to be a fit parent.

I will not comment on your HIV concerns, as you have already "arranged" to have a test. I will wish your unborn child luck, because I greatly fear he or she will need it.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Student Nurse needs clarification.
Next
Not in the archives - HIV through sunburnt skin?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.