Dr. Bob, do I have a snow ball chance in hell?

2 min unprotected sex with a girl. Not sure of her status. Shes 20. I got scared and stopped.

4 days later, felt like something caught in my throat.

7 days later, white tounge, I worked it a bit and got it fairly clean.

10 days later, felt like my throat was mildly sore at best. Looked at the back of my tounge and it had some small white squiggles. Maybe just like the white of tounge I knocked off.

Felt undernieth my jaw and felt what might be slightly raised lymph nodes. I think I keep pushing on them which is making them noticable to the touch. About the size of lima bean? I feel like I have a lump in my throat. I made the lymphs sore on each side of my lower stomach by pushing on them hard. I can't really feel anything overly big down there just feels tender. I'm trying to stop pushing.

I've also been very paranoid. My arms have felt a little week and sometimes I just feel like laying low. My stomach is tender to the touch and appite low.

My only saving grace is the lack of a fever, rash, diarea or anything cronic. I know symptoms mean little but I read where you posted that 96% of ars cases involve a fever. Would it then be safe to say that my sypmtoms are not the result of an ARS infection? How long would the Fever last and would it be noticable? I check mine alot when I'm away but when Im sleeping I cant obviously.

I can't stop thinking about my odds. I would say that 90 percent of my day is spent on thinking about it. I am waiting out the test period trying to cope. Im only 3 weeks past the date so I got some time on my hands.

Anything to help would be great Bob. You're a good cat. I like your posts. I usually read the punchlines first.

PS. I know the 5 per 10,000 for the insertive partner so I'll save you from having to post that.

Snowball's chance???? Hell yes!!!!

Ninety percent of your day is spent on thinking about your odds??? Dude, you need a new hobby. How about macramé or Suduko?

Thanks for saving my fingers form having to retype the estimated risk statistics for unprotected insertive sex. Your risk would be even less, because we don't know the HIV status of your partner and because your exposure was brief. Your symptoms are not suggestive of or worrisome for HIV ARS.

Yes, because you had unprotected sex, you did place yourself at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. Consequently testing is warranted at the three-month mark, whether or not you have symptoms. The odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this brief lapse of judgment.

What to do while waiting for your three-month definitive test?

Here are some options:

1. Read through the archives of this forum. Yes, all of them. Even if you're a speed reader, it will take you at least three months and I'm confident you'll find the information there both enlightening and encouraging.

2. Consider volunteering your time to those who are less fortunate. This is an excellent way to keep one's personal problems in their proper perspective. Perhaps you could visit an AIDS hospice and read to patients there who have been blinded by CMV retinitis or visit a dying teenager whose born-again parents have disowned him. If HIV/AIDS facilities hit too close to home, how about a pediatric cancer ward or handing out meals to the homeless????

As for a punch line . . . how about . . . I think you're a "good cat," too, even if you did have a brief "pussy" indiscretion.

Good luck!

kissing with cuts in mouth
pernicious anaemia-compromised immune sys?