Re: I need to talk to your mother

Hello again Dr bob.

Forgive me for bothering you once more but something has just come up and I fear that I will fear so much as not to enjoy Costa Smeralda holiday.

I went to my friends for a BBQ. We opened beers and started enjoying ourselves. My friend was playing with a metal beer cap and scraping his hand with it. I saw that he had an old, small wound with dried blood on it (I quess a day or so old).

Afterwards I found myself playing with the cap myself and got totally scared. Could I get infected if there were tiny traces of blood on it (as he was scraping his old wound with it).

I couldnt see any open wounds on my hand after playing with the cap but there could have been some small non-bleeding scrapes from playing with it or maybe just day-to-day activities

Could I get hiv this way.

Thanks once more, I promise not to answer any more questions.

)

Hello Costa Smeralda Vacationer,

The HIV risk from the episode you describe is completely nonexistent! If HIV were that easy to catch, the entire planet would have been wiped out long ago. You have a greater chance of being eaten by a wild polar bear while on vacation at Costa Smeralda than catching HIV from that beer cap. You might say "but Dr. Bob, there are no polar bears in Sardinia." Exactly my point!

Now stop worrying and start enjoying your holiday! Don't forget your sun block (and polar bear gun)!

Bon Voyage!

1st documented case of infection through fingering
Giant Members