The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

1st documented case of infection through fingering

Jul 14, 2006

In early May, I fingered a guy with an unknown status and i had a small wound (due to peel skin) in my finger. (I just felt the sting when I inserted my finger into the anus). The wound was not a fresh one but i might re-fresh it when i took the shower before sex. (I had protected anal sex with the guy whom also performed unprotected oral sex on me) well, 2 days after the encounter, i had sore throat and it went away on the following day but it re-appeared the day after. Also, at the same time, i had a very stuffy nose with thick nasal mucus and one of my lymph nodes on my neck got painful (but not swollen too much). These symptoms lasted for 2-3 weeks. Also, during that period, i also had low fever (99F) on a few days. So, doctor, do you think my case will be the first one? Best regards, BRIAN

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Brian,

The first documented case of infection through fingering????? No, Brian, rather you are the gazillionth case of a worried well irrationally fearful and anxious that they might be the first documented case but who, in reality, turns out to be WOO-HOO HIV negative. Brian, thankfully you'll have to look elsewhere for your 15 minutes of fame.

By the way, ARS symptoms related to HIV do not begin within two days of exposure. It takes weeks.

Dr. Bob

Safe sex question from a student
Re: I need to talk to your mother

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint