Party Girl Unprotected Sex with Randon Men Q!

Hello Sir,

Loving your good work, btw.

Anyway, I'm a trollop from the UK who spends most of her weekends in the bed of a different man. Now, I have high tastes in terms of what these men are packing (if you get my drift) but scant regard for what they might be carrying. Sometimes I use condoms, sometimes I don't (call me fickle or just thick, you decide!)

I had a sexual health check 12 months ago (all clear) and in that time Ive had UNPROTECTED vaginal sex with about 8 guys, whose surnames I don't know, let alone their sexual health.

Now, a cough thats gone on for over a month, a sore throat and scare stories in the UK news about the increase in HIV infection amongst white heterosexual women have got me PARANOID. So paranoid in fact, that next week Im off to have a rapid test done at a Terrence Higgins Trust Fastest Centre here in the UK (it has been 12 weeks since I last had unprotected sex). My questions to you are:

1) Whats the difference between a rapid test (results within 1 hour) and tests where it takes a week to get your result? Faster staff? 2) How much have I really put myself at risk of HIV more than licking a strippers nipple presumably? 3) Any tips on how a dirty stop-out like me can get into the habit of ALWAYS PLAYING IT SAFE?

Thanks in advance for any advice you might have.

Emilia.

Hey Party Gal Emilia,

1. Rapid test = faster staff? Nah. Actually rapid tests use a whole different assay technique (methodology) that allows for accurate detection of anti-HIV antibodies within 20 minutes, even if the same old slowpoke staff is "running" the test.

2. Yep, unprotected sex does indeed carry a measurable risk for STDs, including HIV, unlike stripper nipple noshing, which is not considered an HIV risk. The estimated per-act risk for acquisition of HIV from unprotected receptive vaginal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV-positive is 10 per 10,000 exposures.

3. Sure, just remember how unpleasant it is to have the "PARANOID" feelings you are currently experiencing and remind yourself how easy it is to prevent them! I'd also suggest you visit (or volunteer some of your time to) an AIDS hospice. That usually serves as a vivid reminder. I can certainly speak from my personal experience of coexisting with this scourge for over 15 years: it is something you dearly want to avoid. So whether you are a trollop who has stared at more ceilings than Michelangelo or Sister Mary Missionary Position, who only does it on high holy days, the take-home message is the same: use a condom properly or risk becoming one of the 40,000,000 HIV positoids who wish they did.

Stay safe. Stay well. (It really is that easy!)

no one supports me
Whoo hooo