One Expensive Hooker

Dr. Bob,

I think you are awesome and a role model for how people should live their lives whether virally enhanced or not.

My situation is similar to many others on here I ended up seeking an escort while away on business about 3 months ago. Anyway, she provided covered oral and when penetration was attemted the condom popped like a balloon. I am uncertain as to whether my head was exposed briefly to her cervical area since she pulled away quickly. I would venture a guess and say that my exposure was about 30 Sec at the most. I have tested via Home Access week 4,6,8,9,10 (Quest EIA type 1), Qual PCR DNA week 9, and finally week 12 Home Access all negative.

What worries me is I have a white coated tongue, intermittent diarrhea, and dizziness.. 1) Do these symptoms warrant further testing out to 6 months? 2)Has HIV-2 ever been transmitted endogenously or are all the cases imported from Africa or Europe? 3) Should I seek psychiatric help rather than further HIV Testing?

Doc your guidance would be very helpful and I am willing to donate...

1. No. Your repeatedly negative HIV tests and qualitative PCR DNA tests out to 12 weeks are definitive, conclusive and excessive! (All you needed was a single antibody test at the three-month mark!)

2. HIV-2 is found primarily in West Africa. There have only been a handful of cases described here in the U.S. I do not feel HIV-2 testing is warranted in your situation; however, if you desire HIV-2 testing, it is readily available.

3. I do believe counseling would be beneficial to help you confront your unwarranted fears and accept the wonderful news that you are HIV negative.

Thank you for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well. Stay well.

have i got a seriouse std
no one supports me