One Expensive Hooker
Jul 12, 2006
I think you are awesome and a role model for how people should live their lives whether virally enhanced or not.
My situation is similar to many others on here I ended up seeking an escort while away on business about 3 months ago. Anyway, she provided covered oral and when penetration was attemted the condom popped like a balloon. I am uncertain as to whether my head was exposed briefly to her cervical area since she pulled away quickly. I would venture a guess and say that my exposure was about 30 Sec at the most. I have tested via Home Access week 4,6,8,9,10 (Quest EIA type 1), Qual PCR DNA week 9, and finally week 12 Home Access all negative.
What worries me is I have a white coated tongue, intermittent diarrhea, and dizziness.. 1) Do these symptoms warrant further testing out to 6 months? 2)Has HIV-2 ever been transmitted endogenously or are all the cases imported from Africa or Europe? 3) Should I seek psychiatric help rather than further HIV Testing?
Doc your guidance would be very helpful and I am willing to donate...
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. No. Your repeatedly negative HIV tests and qualitative PCR DNA tests out to 12 weeks are definitive, conclusive and excessive! (All you needed was a single antibody test at the three-month mark!)
2. HIV-2 is found primarily in West Africa. There have only been a handful of cases described here in the U.S. I do not feel HIV-2 testing is warranted in your situation; however, if you desire HIV-2 testing, it is readily available.
3. I do believe counseling would be beneficial to help you confront your unwarranted fears and accept the wonderful news that you are HIV negative.
Thank you for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org).
Be well. Stay well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does Hiv Take To Show Up In A Blood Test?
- What Is A Hemoglobin Level In A Hiv Patient?
- Can You Get Hiv If He Withdraws During Sex?
- How Long After Sex Can Hiv Or Aids Be Detected In A Blood Test?
- Can I Get Hiv If I Use A Condom?
- What Is The The Most Common Route Of Hiv Infection Worldwide?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.