Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Terrified
Jul 11, 2006

Dear Dr. Frascino,

On a recent trip to San Francisco, I stopped into a world-famous sex club there, and eventually ended up on my knees in front of a man. I gave him head for about 6o seconds. He did not ejaculate, and I detected no pre-cum. I licked, and sucked, but applied very little suction during the minute-or-so of checking out the other side of life. However, I am utterly terrified. I have no idea who this man was, and, as we used a glory hole, I do not even know what he looked like. As I have read that the average length of time for a body to produce antibodies to HIV is 25 days, I have decided to get tested at the 30-day mark to relieve me of my fear before taking a trip to Europe (where I will keep my mouth and penis to myself). I am currently so scared, that it is affecting my work, and my day-to-day. Your thoughts, please.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

I'm not exactly sure the "other side of life" is located on the other side of a glory hole, but OK . . . .

Oral sex carries only a low risk for acquiring HIV. My advice would be to get a single HIV test at the three-month mark, as testing prior to this is not considered definitive or conclusive.

I see no reason to be "terrified," based on the statistical estimates of risk associated with oral sex. The odds remain astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV form your brief visit to "the other side of life."

I'll send my good-luck karma that your definitive HIV test is negative.

Dr. Bob

Previous
THANK YOU ....AGAIN!
Next
Ejaculated after condom broke.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.