Terrified

Dear Dr. Frascino,

On a recent trip to San Francisco, I stopped into a world-famous sex club there, and eventually ended up on my knees in front of a man. I gave him head for about 6o seconds. He did not ejaculate, and I detected no pre-cum. I licked, and sucked, but applied very little suction during the minute-or-so of checking out the other side of life. However, I am utterly terrified. I have no idea who this man was, and, as we used a glory hole, I do not even know what he looked like. As I have read that the average length of time for a body to produce antibodies to HIV is 25 days, I have decided to get tested at the 30-day mark to relieve me of my fear before taking a trip to Europe (where I will keep my mouth and penis to myself). I am currently so scared, that it is affecting my work, and my day-to-day. Your thoughts, please.

I'm not exactly sure the "other side of life" is located on the other side of a glory hole, but OK . . . .

Oral sex carries only a low risk for acquiring HIV. My advice would be to get a single HIV test at the three-month mark, as testing prior to this is not considered definitive or conclusive.

I see no reason to be "terrified," based on the statistical estimates of risk associated with oral sex. The odds remain astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV form your brief visit to "the other side of life."

I'll send my good-luck karma that your definitive HIV test is negative.

THANK YOU ....AGAIN!
Ejaculated after condom broke.