Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

THANK YOU ....AGAIN!
Jul 11, 2006

thank you again. you have been such a savior to myself. i will donate every year to your organization. our family donates to three charities a year and yours has now made the list. my husband is feeling better my question, hiv test out to 7 1/2 months multiple times, hep b and c out to 7 1/2 months is this enough for hepatitis? both of our liver panels were elevated and we were both tested for hepatitis, negative. i had an affair over 8 months ago. we want to move on. what would cause two people to have elevated liver enzymes. im still scared!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

First to answer your question: yes, negative tests for hepatitis B and C out to 7.5 months are definitive. Causes for elevated liver enzymes are legion. They include alcohol and drug intake, autoimmune problems, fatty liver, Wilson's disease and hemochromatosis among multiple other potential causes. You'll need to follow up with your doctor to determine what the underlying cause for your test abnormalities is. Unfortunately, I can't determine that over the Internet.

What I can do is advise you that you don't have to worry about three very specific viruses HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C. And that is truly excellent news worth WOO-HOO-ing about. Congratulations!

Finally, I wanted to express my heartfelt thanks for your generous offer to include The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation in your yearly donations. When we pool our determination and our resources, there is nothing we cannot accomplish, including defeating HIV/AIDS!

Be well. Stay well. Many thanks.

Dr. Bob

Previous
lipo, workouts, diet, and steroids?
Next
Terrified

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.