few seconds of bareback as a top

Hi, Really angry with myself for this incident, but I'm hoping you can assess my risk. I had an encounter with a man (I am male) about two weeks ago where I barebacked him for literally a few seconds, and then pulled out immediately. Other than that he performed oral sex on me (I did not suck him, nor get topped by him). He maintains that he's negative (his last test was a while ago, but he has one in august.) I know I must get tested nonetheless, but I would still like something to keep myself not so nervous while I wait three months. Thanks.

Agreed your BBB (brief bareback) was indeed a lapse in judgment, but don't be too hard on yourself. We're all human; we all make mistakes. You'd be amazed at some of mine! But the important thing is to recognize our mistakes, accept the consequences of our actions and then learn from our indiscretions.

No doubt commando bronco riding is a risk for STDs, including HIV. The estimated per-act risk for acquiring HIV from unprotected insertive anal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 6.5 per 10,000 episodes. Your estimated risk would be considerably less, because we don't know the status of your bucking bronco and you only "bucked" for a few seconds. You'll still need an HIV test at the three-month mark, but the odds remain all in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this "buck," OK?

What to do during the three months of waiting? I'd suggest volunteering some of your time at an AIDS service organization, helping those in need. It's a great way to keep one's own problems in their proper perspective and to rack up some great cosmic karma.

I'll send my own good-luck karma that your three-month test is negative.

i am begging you to give me help
barebackin' fool