Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please , I am in stress.
Jul 11, 2006

Dr.Bob. This is Ahmat , form Emirates. I am very impressed to heard about your love and sevice for the orphen people. Thanks is not enough to full fill for your service for Poor. So I am glad to send to your foundation some donation which was god gave me.

Sir, I had an unprotected veginal intercourse with an sex worker 2004 April. After the window period of six month (Nov 2004) I have had and elisa screen test which was came back negative hiv 1 and 2. Later on This year March 2006, I had took an medical check-up for education, which was include the HIV 1-2 test. I had passed on the test. The hiv result is negative and the hemotalogy report shows my wbc is 9900 and the wbc subset counts all are in normal range particulary the lymphocytes is 39. But still I am having sum doubt on my mind. 1) My immune system that is perfect to produce for hiv antibodies? 2) I have to take any other tests for hiv? Please remove my internal stress. If some one talk about hiv I will fall in the stress and doubt.

Best regards Ahmet

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Ahmat,

Thank you for your kind comments!

Responding to your specific questions:

1. I have no reason to believe your immune system is compromised whatsoever. Yes, your immune system would produce anti-HIV antibodies if you were infected. Luckily you are not. Your repeatedly negative HIV-1 and HIV-2 tests out to almost two years are definitive and conclusive. You are HIV negative.

2. No additional HIV tests are warranted or recommended. HIV is definitely not your problem! There is no reason for stress, doubt or worry.

Thank you for your generous donation (www.concertedeffort.org). It is warmly appreciated and urgently needed.

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Fever, diarrhea, shingles-still neg?
Next
no q, only gratitude

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.