consistent HIV symptoms

I have read many of your responses where you have stated 'your symptoms are not consistent w/HIV symptoms'. What do you mean by this and what exactly are the consistent HIV symptoms?

There is an old Russian proverb that says: "Repetition is the Mother of Learning." So even though I've addressed this topic many times in the past and those responses are readily available in the archives, I'll repeat myself by reposting the information you request, OK?

I should also mention there are other Russian proverbs such as:

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

But since that has nothing to do with what we are discussing, we'll just skip right over that, OK?

need the truth, help me Dr Bob, another donation sent (ARS SYMPTOMS) May 13, 2006

You are an inspiration to all people to help each other. My prayers are with you. Please tell me what you consider to be ARS symptoms, when do they appear and how long do they last? Are any of the symptoms, or lack of specific symptoms, indictive of hiv infection or not. I know symptoms do not equal hiv, but please give me your opinion on these questions. Thanks.

I've addressed this topic many times before, so I'll just repost a question and my response from the archives. Nothing really has changed. Between 50% and 70% of individuals with HIV infection experience an acute retroviral syndrome three to six weeks after primary infection. Symptoms usually persist for one to several weeks and then gradually subside as the immune response to HIV develops and the level of plasma viremia decreases.

Hope that helps.

What are symptoms of ARS? May 23, 2004

Bob,

I am an x-filer who still follows your forum for laughs, information, and curiosity. I realize that mosty people who write in to this particular forum merely think that they were exposed to HIV, and only a very, very small handful actually were. An an even smaller handful actually contract the virus.

My question to you is this: Seeing as how there is so much conflicting information out there regarding HIV and HIV ARS, could you please shed a little light on what you might consider a "typical" case of ARS?

And if I'm not stepping way out of line here, would you mind discussing what ARS was like for you? I completely understand if you don't feel that this is something for the masses, but there are many positive benefits to hearing things firsthand.

Regardless, I will continue to donate to Concerted Effort, and wish you all the best!

I don't believe there is such a thing as a "typical" case of ARS or a "compassionate" conservative. ARS symptoms vary greatly from person to person, and may be so mild as to go essentially unnoticed or be so severe as to be debilitating. I can give you the frequency in the form of percentages of various signs and symptoms of primary HIV infection. Perhaps that will help. Fever 96%, enlarge lymph nodes 74%, sore throat 70%, rash 70%, muscle aches 54%, diarrhea 32%, headache 32%, nausea and vomiting 27%, enlarged liver/spleen 14%, weight loss 13%, thrush 12%, neurologic symptoms 12%. Remember, however, that symptoms, even all of the above listed symptoms, do not equal HIV disease. There are many illnesses that can cause these symptoms. The only way to know if you've contracted HIV is to get tested.

My ARS included seven of the symptoms listed above.

Thanks for your willingness to donate. Details about the Foundation can be found at www.concertedeffort.org.

Stay well.

Parano les français ??
Exposure and Infection - clarification needed