Muddied waters...

Hi Dr Bob,

I've put lots of friends in the direction of this forum both in the UK (where I'm from) and here in

the Bay Area (my new home), and its helped them all immensely in educating them about safer sex and

HIV... great job! Here I am today asking my own question because I feel that the water is a bit

muddy in understanding my risk from a recent encounter, and I'm starting to really worry...

I hooked up with a guy and we spent most of our time kissing and indulging in mutual tallywhacker

play. I fingered him briefly, then both carried on with mutual, before very briefly putting his

tallywhacker in my mouth for a couple of secs to lube it up more than anything. He finished bringing

my tallywhacker off, then we were done. Later on at home, I noticed what appeared to be a couple

drops of dried blood on the back of my underwear (?) and a little under my fingernail, which i am now

paranoid is from a result of me lightly fingering him. Although I had no cuts, grazes, or anything

on my hands, I'm now freaking out that I may have had some blood on my hands which i transferred to

his tallywhacker which i then took in my mouth... or worse still, that he had blood on his hands that

may have gotten into the opening of my tallywhacker. I didn't notice any blood at the time, and am

thoroughly perplexed... I spoke to the chap and he said he's recently tested and negative, but I'm

also aware he's popular with the boys.

Am I a 'silly billy' to be worrying so much, or does this constitute a test-worthy risk?

Much appreciated, kind Sir - Billy Brit

Hello Bay Area Brit Billy,

From what you've described, I'd say definitely a "silly billy." HIV really is not all that easy to contract! Thankfully!

Your hypothetical bloody-hand-to-tallywhacker-to-tongue scenario is so unlikely as to make the HIV risk essentially nonexistent. My advice would be to stop worrying and continue playing safe. If worries persist, then go ahead and get a single rapid test at the three-month mark to calm your residual (and unwarranted) fears.

Be well. Stay well, Billy.

Im freaking out
Oral Equals Discharge