Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Greek Thank-You
Jul 8, 2006

You rock, Dr. Bob! Thanks for answering so promptly. Thanks even more for the inspiring quote - printed it and put it where I can see it every day.

I did check out the AIDS organizations in Athens and I'm not too happy about the results but if there is a will there is a way! I'll figure it out. If Gary wants my help I'm all for it, give him my e-mail address, xxxxxxxxxx.

If you come to Greece it would be my great joy and honor to take you & Dr. Steve out for a dinner (my treat and I know some pretty special places) or even a coffee - and I have absolutely NO intention of asking you even a single HIV-related question, wouldn't even dream of it. If I can be of any help in any possible way (information, inside information, bookings, recommendations, whatever) do not hesitate to ask! You have my e-mail address.

Finally, I made a very modest donation of $60 to your foundation. I was going to wait until my freelancer's unpredictable income was on the upswing again (I am an architect) but I couldn't contain myself. No need to thank me Dr. Bob, I know you do and your time is better spent doing other things. I do mean that. When the upswing hits there will be a more substantial amount.

Much love again,

Une Greque, aka xxxxxxxxxx

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Une Grecque,

Thanks for your thanks and your donation. That 60 bucks can and will have a profound effect! For instance, we can treat an HIV-positive pregnant woman in sub-Saharan Africa with an antiretroviral medication that can drastically reduce the chance of her passing the virus onto her unborn child for as little as 85 cents! That means your 60 dollars could potentially save 70 infant lives! That act of kindness will earn you immeasurable excellent cosmic karma!

I'll forward your information to Gary.

Be well. Stay well. Many thanks.

Dr. Bob

Previous
KS and Thrush
Next
I can't do this anymore

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.