Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV and body piercings
Jul 7, 2006

I scrolled through the previous questions and have not found one similar and am really hoping you'd take a couple minutes to help me out! 5 years ago I got my belly-button pierced. I took a friend with me to watch to make sure everything was ok with the piercing procedures. We both saw the needle come from a new (appeared new anyway) package and the jewelry itself was the display and the lady said she would sterlilze it. Well, a few months ago I heard that this place was shut down for some reason and it has me absolutely terrified. I have never had sex and I am getting married in 4 weeks. I'm wondering what, if any, my risk is for HIV. I've researched testing sites in my area and there are no annonymous ones, and with the confidential ones i'm scared because of my career.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Dubya and his cronies are cutting off funds to states that have anonymous testing sites. That's why such sites are getting harder to locate. Cases like yours are prime examples of how this policy is going to discourage people from getting tested.

That aside, I would say your risk is negligible to nonexistent and I do not feel testing is warranted.

Good luck on your upcoming nuptials! (And remember to vote the current rightwing politicians out of office in November!)

Dr. Bob

Previous
dr bob you should get a myspace
Next
I have a comment bout the bushman cometh

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.