needles sharing HIV stats.
Jul 7, 2006
HEllo Dr. B.
Youve mentioned coutless times that the risk for penile-vaginal non protected penetration risk of aquiring HIV is 5 in 10000 and Male-2-male is 10-10000. what about needle sharing.. No, im not a drug user, but was just curious as u have become (willingly or not) my and everyone elses heres HIV mentor. Danke!
Response from Dr. Frascino
Glad to be of service!
The estimated per-episode risk of acquiring HIV from sharing needles with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 67 per 10,000 exposures.
Be well. Stay well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Blowjob From A Prostitute Safe?
- Itchy Skin After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Mouth After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- After Gonorrhea Treatment If Masturbated Does The Medicine Still Work
- Alphabetical List Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.