If after all this you still stand by your opinon, I will let this go.

Pleae don't delete my post Dr. Bob, I know that you would never tell someone they were free of HIV if you thought they could possibily have it. I know in my heart if I can get you to read my post and you still say it's not HIV, I will move on. You have answered two of my posts in the past and they have helped me just on going symptoms have put serious fear that the docs are missing something. I have donated in the psat and have learned so much that I didn't care to know before, so in a sick way this has been good for me and either way has made me a more caring person. I know I have been a pain in your and Dr. Steve's ass, I don't mean to be just scared as hell. I will not message you anymore after this but I will continue to help with the battle we have in my local area and whatever way I can in the future. I just need your final opinon on my situtation please.

OK, let my prayers be answered...........March 2005, 3 times unprotected sex with a pos male. Have no idea if he was on meds or not, I believe no as he faught PCP in 2004. I was told by his mother he has had for sometime, but does not tell his family much. In April 2005 I was pos for Claymadia and pos for herp 2, told by gp that the herp 2 had high igg levels making this a old infection, that my body has kept under control until now. The reason I got checked in the first place was because I developed tingling in the vaginal area that has gone on for 15 months everyday with no breakouts. After getting treated for the std developed PID and it's been one thing after the other ever since. As I was coming off the meds for the pid this is what has happened.

Major neck pain that lasted for one month, thrush in mouth and throut that took 3 treatments to get rid of, eyes had crap in them and are still nasty in the mornings and hurt and burn during the day. I have major joint paint in knees and elbows, loss of hair, dermatits on face, geo tongue that comes now every month before cycle, ears have been popping since June of 2005, throut feels like someone is choking me all the time, constant post nasal drip since June 2005, always clearing my throut of something, but my throut is not sore. I can no longer handle the sun on my skin, I get these little bumps on my chest and arms and my eyes can't handle it either. I have had a constant low blood pressure and low temp. My joints hurt and feel like they burn, my discharge has never been the same since, it used to be white and now it's yellow all the time. I have lost weight in my butt and arms that seems to be going to other locations in my body. My doc has been concerend from the begining, he could see that my taste buds were and still are very swollen and told me that my salivary glands are very swollen and my mouth was not normal. He said that I needed to play it safe for six months and we would just wait and see what happened, I'm married and told my husband what had happened, though it'd been hard for him, he has stuck by me thru this. At six months I went in and did an Eliza and an RNA both were neg, at that point my doc said that it was not HIV. My husband was there and we were both told it was safe at that point to have sex, I finally gave up and thought it's all in my head and was making it up. We had unprotected sex a few times and then my husband got sick, flu like symptoms, major problems with throut, eyes look horrible, very tired all the time, bottom of his feet are very tender and his joints hurt as well. I know this is going to sound crazy but I watced him go from a little grey on his head to 90% grey in a matter of 2 months. He has not been the same in 9 months. We both have some of the same problems, but nobody can tell us what it is. They do see the symptoms but can't figure it out. We were refered to and HIV spec after he got sick and this is what happened.

At six months I saw her and was told that I needed to be tested at 12 months, and that I should not have been told to have sex with hubby. He needed to be tested at 3 months from the last time we had sex and to protect each other until we know what this is. She could see that my salivary glands were indeed swollen and I was suffering from skin problems along with swollen lymph nodes in the groin area. She at that point ordered a RNA and Eliza on me and both were neg, she also said that not to many virus's lasted this long so just come back at 12 months and test again. At 12 months I had another RNA along with a DNA and Eliza done all were neg, she ran an Eliza on my husband at 6 months post and he was neg as well. After the tests were back she said we were neg and could'nt tell us what the hell we have. I want so badly to believe her but we are sick from something and are getting no answers. I read from other docs on your site that if you are showing signs of an HIV infection you might want to keep testing. How long? I have seen people on this site say they took 30 months and one lady took 3 years! I just want to know when to stop looking at HIV? The lady had some mutated strain and it was hard for the docs to find it but she knew she was sick. Dr. Bob when should I stop for HIV? Is it possibile I have some rare strain, should I listen to my body or what? I have been checked for all other std's and show neg. I just want to here from you that I don't have to worry that we have something that is going to show up when we both have had way more damage to our immune system that could have been helped. I;m seeing another doc on the 11th, is there any suggestions you can give me to maybe discuss with them. The doc I'm going to see is Dr. Para at the Ohio State Univ Hosp don't know if thru all your traveling you have had the chance to meet him, I guess he's supposed to be a really good infectious dis doc. Don't know though they can tell you anything. Please help me and sorry for the horrible grammer.

Yes, I stand by my assessment. HIV is not the cause of your or your husband's symptoms. I cannot diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet; however, I can, with absolutely certainty, tell you what is not causing your problem. It's not HIV. No way. No how! By the way, I will point out your fears of delayed seroconversion are completely unwarranted. Seroconversion refers to detectable levels of anti-HIV antibodies. In addition to your negative ELISA tests, you have had several negative RNA tests. These tests have absolutely no relationship to anti-HIV antibodies as they use a completely different testing methodology.

If you continue to perseverate on HIV/AIDS, despite overwhelming evidence this is not your problem, I suggest you seek psychiatric help so that you can learn to accept and believe the wonderful news and indisputable fact that you are HIV negative.

hello again Dr Sonrisa
Family is afraid of Spouse's HIV + status