Three Years of Crippling Anxiety Cured in 48 Hours/20 Minutes

It seems as though I've been lurking around here forever. Three years ago I had an unprotected sexual encounter with a high risk individual. While this individual claimed to be negative, I didn't believe it. Rather than calm my fears and get tested, I chose to sit around, waiting and worrying for symptoms of a disease that could take many years to show. Any skin discoloration, nervous twitch, feeling of being tired, canker sore, etc. etc. etc...I assumed them all to be symptoms of HIV. To make matters worse, I became engaged recently, and instead of feeling the joy and happiness that should accompany such an event, I sat around and "watched" my fiance for symptoms (We had been together for two years prior to this "escapade" of mine). That's just no way to live life. Life is too short to sit around and live in daily fear. Folks, you can sit around here all day long asking questions and doing "research," but you will never be satisfied unless you truly KNOW whether or not you have this illness, and there is only one way to know - GET TESTED. I spent three years of my life thinking I had something I did not. How long did it take me to find out I was HIV-?? Less than 48 hours. Was I scared when they drew the blood? Petrified. But deep inside there was comfort. Regardless of whether I had it or not, I would finally KNOW THE TRUTH and get the answer I had been juggling around in my irrational noggin for three years. Last October I was driving home from work, anxious as ever, when I noticed a billboard on the highway. It read "HIV/AIDS: Get Tested. Knowing Is Beautiful." Is it ever!

Three years is indeed a long time to waste on needless worry, but if it's any consolation, you're still not even close to the world-cup anxiety record holders to grace this site (or should that be lurk this site?). In fact, you don't even qualify for the quarter finals. Nonetheless, I can't help but note you lurked in my forum for years, which means you must have read thousands of testimonials and, gazillions of pieces of advice I dole out on a continuous basis, but despite all that a simple highway billboard saying "HIV/AIDS: Get Tested. Knowing is Beautiful." is all it took for you to cha-cha down to the testing center and role up your sleeve?????? WTF! Do you have any idea how that makes me feel??????? I might as well just hit the off button on my computer now and start building a billboard. Gosh, who knew?

QTND: lubricants... mmmm
My symptoms do mean pos!!