Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Doubting Republican again please answer will donate again.
Jul 6, 2006

Hey Dr. Bob,

Unfortunately I am writing again with more worries and concerns. But I am ready to admit it is time for a change in office, maybe it has been the influence of my father who is not a fan of Bush, Bill Maher (I have to say I love that show), Henry Rollins, and you and your knowledge and humor. The country is so divided now and the Bush problems just keep coming. Cant say I am ready for Hillary, but who knows.

Anyway, thanks for answering my previous questions, I felt relieved for a short time. Now I am losing all my muscle tone, my arms are becoming extremely skinny and flabby; my hands are very bony and look about 10 years older with lots of sagging and wrinkles. I have extremely dry skin. My stomach has totally changed; it is big and flabby with no more definition at all. I am getting breasts from the muscle turning into fat and under my arms you can see what looks like cellulite. I can go on but you get the picture, all my muscle is turning to fat or disappearing. I am not imagining this and know it cant be psychosomatic. The reason I know this is, it is happening to my fiancée too, she has always had a flat toned stomach in the past, now it is like mine and her arms are becoming very skinny and her face has broken out real bad. I have had the worst headaches and stiffness in my neck. She also had a rash on her shins, stomach and elbows that took 3 different prescription creams for 6 weeks to get rid of. Please dont assume it is just my imagination. I read the archives and remember the male model in Miami who had a similar situation, but never heard anything else about it, did I miss it, and I would be interested in knowing. Maybe there is some connection with something in Miami. I also read about O and N, which I knew nothing about before, should I be tested for this. Miami has a population from every part of the world so any strain would have to be considered. I know you said my exposure was minimal, but it seems the fact that I did have cuts in my mouth during the rough oral and her talking about having sex with up to 10 guys in a night, it appears to be significant. The last test at 7.5 months being neg sounds great but the weird things happening to my fiancée and me are very worrisome and real. I still have many of the other symptoms from my other email. Can this be something else, if so what? I still have not confessed to her what happened yet, we have been together for 6 years, and it is a very hard thing for me to do. Although I know I need to and I will soon. In my area the Red Cross is doing a blood drive, I want to donate, but still not 100% sure I dont have something.

Thanks again for being such a cool dude and all your help you give to everyone around the world.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Why is it that Republicans seem to have such a difficult time accepting reality??? Things like global warming, evolution, the Iraq War being an incredible mistake, condoms preventing AIDS, homosexuality being normal, abstinence not being normal. . . . And you can add to that list your definitive HIV-negative status that you continue to doubt!

Dude, your negative tests out to 7.5 months are conclusive and definitive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. I can't diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet, but I can tell you what's not causing them. It's not HIV!

My advice:

1. Level with your fiancée. Guilt continues to be one of your main problems.

2. See your general medical doctor for a checkup, if you have medical concerns.

3. Stop chasing a disease you could not possibly have.

4. Dump your GOP tendencies.

Dr. Bob

Previous
your clinic
Next
A stupid question but still thought I should ask

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.