please

Doctor Bob, You really are a source of inspiration for me..ive been reading ur replies for quite some time now...and they make me laugh always...ok, coming to my question, i went to a saloon 2 days ago..and the barber, while inserting the blade into the razor, cut his hand on it...and used the same blade to shave the back of my neck...i got a small cut while shaving...cudnt see if it bled, but it wasnt something huge...so, i asked a few experts here in my area( im from bombay, india) and they said that i need not worry about any infection with hiv or any other virus...i am obviously tensed about all this...i wanted your view on this...what are my chances of getting infected? low, high, what? please please please answer my question...i would be really grateful to you. Please tell me whether i have to worry about anything or am i being rather dumb even thinking about something like this...the doctors here atleast feel that i have nothing to worry about..please let me know ... by the way, the hiv incidence in general population is around 0.75%.. rather low..but cant be sure of the barber's seropositivity...still, let me know.. thank you...by the way..in the third week...i noticed that the skin below the collar bone had reddened...and then i went to sleep and within 4 hours, it was back to normal...i have had no other symptoms.. no fever, no lymph gland enlargement ...nothing..please advise..

I agree with your local experts that you don't have anything to worry about. Of course, if you worry in spite of our advice, you can always get an HIV test at the three-month mark, but personally I don't feel it's warranted.

Finally, I should probably mention this would have never happened if you went to a "salon" rather than a "saloon" for your haircut!

Stay well. Keep smiling. Stop worrying.

I need to talk to your mother - we need more people like you!
DO WEI NEED AN HIV SPECIALIST????