Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I need to talk to your mother - we need more people like you!
Jul 5, 2006

Dear Dr Robert Frascino,

How come, that we have billions of individuals yet not many like you.

I must confess everything to you.

I've been reading your forum for the last couple of years and whenever I think of a kinf of role-models for european youth (as I am based in europe) I think that you are the kind of guy we should be trying to become.

Not only you became positive by trying to help hiv positive folsks but more importantly you still keep helping millions of people handling their both racional and irrational fears.

I have to tell you that from my personal perspective you've helped me deal not only with previuos hiv fears but with all other walks of life.

I often think what you would do if you were in my shoes as you definitely are one of those persons who can look at life (that not always goes the way we would like it to go) and find a solution where others see only problems.

I'm totally certain that the impact of your support in this forum goes way beyond hiv as in my personal story.

Unfortunately I am afraid that I will not meet you in person as I live in Europe but I would definitely do so if you were planning to give a speach /conference here at any time.

PS. Can I expect you publishing any info if you are going to do anything public here in Europe?

Anyway, Recently I got scared again. OK. That was not serious.

I just had a lap dance and got some vaginal fluids on my red, irritated belly.

Rationally and from what I read in your replies that is not a risk. But wouldn't it be at least teoretial risk if my belly was irritated and a bit red from the lady riding vigorously (and maybe my belt irritating my belly).

Anyway, I hope maybe we will meet somethere in Costa Smeralda or somethere else in Italy or here on mainland of Europe.

Till then you will be my rolemodel and I'll try to pass your good deeds to others as good as I can.

Thanks for everything you do.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Thank you for your very kind comments!

As for life not always going the way we planned, well, from my experience on this earth, it seems that life very seldom actually goes as we planned. The real trick to enjoying our time on this planet is realizing life, love, sex and illness are all unscheduled events. It seems to me the truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery, even when forced to take an unanticipated detour. My life has had loads of unanticipated detours and, in retrospect, I wouldn't have wanted to miss a single one of them!

Chances of our meeting are really not as remote as you might expect. Among medical conferences, medical presentations, engagements with various AIDS service organizations and patient support groups, education and awareness events, functions related to my foundation and, last but not least, my personal holidays, I wind up on the Continent fairly frequently. Just keep an eye posted for special HIV/AIDS-related events in whatever city you happen to be in and chances are one of these days you'll catch me or Steve (Dr. Steve, the expert in The Body's Tratamientos forum) or both of us in town for some type of function. I don't post a list of "appearances," as not all of them are open to the public.

As for Sardinia's Emerald Coast, I'd meet you there in a heartbeat! In fact, order me a double espresso. I'm on my way now!

Regarding your recent scare, it sounds like that Badda Bing Betty must have been riding you like Sea Biscuit! Even so, the HIV risk from this stripper-would-be-jockey's vaginal fluids infecting you via your "red irritated belly" is nonexistent.

Be well. Stay well. Ciao.

Dr. Bob

Previous
hiv neg but syphilis+ 2nd time
Next
please

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.