Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please very serioius please
Jul 4, 2006

as you kwno from before I had a relation wiht protitute where i received oral sex. after 2 months 3 months 4 months and 6 months including a viral load , negative in all of them, at 8 months I was tested negative again , and at 11 months I was tested negative at anti vih1-2 antig.24 Pcr vih and viral load vih . all negative. at 11 months i went for Nasba semen vih detection and surprisling after all negatives became positive. I,m scared to death, they are repeating the test + another pcr and viral load. What is you opinion please, please please please please answer me , I need to know you opinion in first time i have been diagnosed positive by one of the methods, please bob i,m having the worst time in my existence life . your suppor may mean a life to go on. Please I will not dissapointyou , Im planning to visit you and to get some real matters out of this clue. Please help me , I really need it

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Time to ratchet down those anxiety levels!!!

You risk, oral sex, carries only a minimal risk for HIV transmission.

Your negative HIV tests, including viral loads, at 2, 3, 4, 6, 8 and 11 weeks are definitive, conclusive, extremely excessive and, for the most part, unwarranted. I can't imagine how or why any physician would have ordered so many unnecessary, expensive and completely unjustified tests!?!

Your 11-month positive NASBA on semen, no less is a false positive. It was bound to happen. If you continue to run unnecessary, unjustified medical tests, eventually you will get a result that you don't understand.

I have absolutely no doubts that you are HIV negative! However, you may well need some psychological help in order to accept this fact. My advice is simple: stop testing; get counseling.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Probably another question that will never die but...
Next
RE-Can't find answer in China

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.