Probably another question that will never die but...

Dr. Bob before I ask my question I just wanted to say how amazing I think you are for putting up with so many people, like myself, asking the same questions all the time. That takes alot of patience. You are a good man, and I will send all my best Karma to you. Ok now the question. About a year and a half ago I had (what I thought to be) protected vaginal sex with a man I had been dating. Well in the middle of our romp he pulls out and i notice that he didn't have the condom on, that I saw him put on earlier. (It was lying next to him on the side of the bed. I got mad (of course cause WTF?) and he acted like he hadn't noticed that his tallywacker wasn't wearing his raincoat. Of course I stopped everything right there and haven't done anything with him since. I freaked out and got tested for everything. Well it turns out the jerk gave me chlamydia (sp?)so i was treated for that. Anyway, I have probably been tested 8 times since then for HIV, last time being in April (over a year since the encounter). I am still alittle freaked because i contracted one std from him, wondering if that would delay any hiv anitbodies from developing during the normal window period?

Long story short: Can I WOOHOO? Should i not worry about developing anti-bodies late because of contracting an STD during the same encounter?

Thank you so much for your good deeds and comforting answers! Donation is on the way!

My "long answer short" to your "long story short" is: absofrickinlutely! WOO-HOO!!!

Some STDs, like chlamydia, are much easier to contract than HIV. Having or contracting chlamydia (or other STDs) will not affect HIV-test results, the body's ability to produce anti-HIV antibodies or the duration of the window period.

Eight negative HIV tests out to "over a year since the encounter" are definitive and conclusive (and excessive)! HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

Finally, yes, this is rapidly becoming a QTND! Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Stay well.

one more time...please, have donated
Please very serioius please