Donations - Privacy

Hi Dr Bob. I want to give money to your foundation. If I do so with my credit card, the transaction will appear on my credit card statement. If my wife sees the bill and asks me why I'm donating to this foundation, I have to try to explain why. So what's the best way to donate anonymously? You're a hero, best wishes.

Money orders or cash would certainly be completely anonymous. Alternatively you might consider mentioning to your wife that you've been reading about the AIDS pandemic in the news on the account of the 25-year anniversary. It's been the cover story on many periodicals (Newsweek, etc.) and the subject of news programs (Frontline: The Age of AIDS, etc.). That, plus the recent news coverage about Warrant Buffet's giving 31 billion dollars to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation that's very involved with HIV/AIDS causes, including finding a vaccine, helping AIDS orphans, etc., and you think it would be a good idea to make a tax-deductible contribution to a foundation that's dedicated to providing crucial services to men, women and children struggling with AIDS and/or a foundation that promotes HIV/AIDS awareness through education and advocacy. (Our foundation does both.) You could tell her you read about our foundation in the newspaper. At any rate, it's just an idea. Whatever you decide, we greatly appreciate your desire to help.

On behalf of those whose lives will be touched by your generosity, please accept my heartfelt thanks.

Opinion
testing question....a real genuine one