The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV and vaginal fluid (2nd time asking)

Jul 3, 2006

hello doc.

i've asked you before but you didn't reply. i might as well try agaid, perhaps you got bored on my question. anyway, it will be more informative to the followers of your forum if you could answer this question...pls for the love of god, answer. :)

1. is it likely to get infected with HIV if it the vaginal fluid gets to contact with a fresh cut in the pubic area of your Mr. Happy? is it considered a high risk?

2. i've read in one thread : "According to CDC, it requires plenty of vaginal fluid and a lot of blood for transmission to occur" - is this true?

please answer, i'm making donations through paypal. thanks if im lucky. :)

Response from Dr. Frascino


Your question has too many variables for me to accurately access the HIV risk. The best I can do is repeat what most likely you already know. Vaginal secretions can contain HIV. If the "fresh cut" was deep enough and fresh enough and came in contact with enough HIV-infected vaginal fluids, there is a theoretical risk that HIV transmission could occur. Overall I would say the likelihood of this happening would be minimal. However, if you feel you've placed yourself at risk, the answer is always to go and get tested at the three-month mark. A definitive test beats second guessing each and every time.

Thanks for your donation. I'll send my best good-luck karma in return.

Stay well. Good luck!

Dr. Bob

HIV Testing Question?
Bob Veneer?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint