The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

his tongue got hurt

Jul 2, 2006

we are a magnetic couple from south america( uruguay) today my boyfriend performed oral sex on me, and right afterwards he checked is tongue on the mirror and he realized that the string of flesh underneath his tongue was cut.there didnt seem to be any blood at that moment( but there was certailny a cut) but maybe there was blood a couple of minutes earlier when he was giving me a blow job( he is positive , im negative) now, since i have always known he was positive, i went and bought combibir, as soon s we started dating( a year ago) i live in a small town and i dont know anyone to ask this question, should i sart takng the pep? please tell me.

Response from Dr. Frascino


No, I would not recommend PEP for the type of potential exposure you describe. Hopefully your HIV-positive boyfriend is under the care of an HIV specialist. If not, he should be. That specialist should be a good resource for you as to when and if PEP should be considered.

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

I've never voted for Bush, can you answer my question? :)
Would you tell my girlfriend the truth...please!!

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint