you didnt answer me but im excited for you

First and above my own worries, how great it is to see you so excited about this massive donation from WB , nobody deserves this kind of news more than you, hey i hope it makes the difference for a cure for the sake of all mankind.

My own concern is about the testing. I have had multiple neg elisa's out to almost a couple of years here in the uk. Problem is i still have many problems associated with HIV infection in particular skin infections incl thrush/ mild folliculitus, Sinus/respiratory problems, initially after poss exposure i had a herpes infection and a prostate infection. My poss exposure was straight sex one time with a sex worker.

I want to accept the tests but the symptoms wont leave me be and despite trying noone can tell me what else could be responsible. To make things worse my wife had a similar illness 3 weeks after sex with me and continues to have some of the symptoms ive outlined. Its driving me into the ground. I went to see a hiv specialist again who said that since my last neg elisa almost at 2 years post ie aug 2005 there is now a more sensitive elisa test which i could take, thing is do i do it or not? Will it raise my anxiety levels waiting for the result , for sure. I asked her out straight given my multiple neg elisa results does she think i have hiv causing my problems? She would only say" Highly unlikely" thats not the answer i needed, why not an absolutely no chance if that really is the case. This consultation left me in further doubt still. What can i do or should i do Doc ?

I have read that it can take people years to show detectable antibodies? is this true? Would i definitely have them a couple of years out and would the older tests i took in the uk between 2003/ 2005 have picked them up?

Finally i read also a lot about HIV/Prostate infection is this a consequence related to hiv infection or not?

If you have found time to answer me im so grateful. If not and you have merely read and passed me over then you know what im still as glad for you as i was when i started this question and will remain so.

Stay well , people need and God bless you.

Being "excited" is one of my favorite pastimes, and yeah, the WB donation is good news too.

Here's what I can say about your ongoing problems:

1. Your multiple negative ELISA tests out to "almost a couple of years" are absolutely definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem.

2. Your symptoms are common and there is no reason you should try to artificially link them to HIV when you have overwhelming and incontrovertible evidence that HIV is not the cause.

I can't diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet, but I can with absolute certainty tell you what's not causing them. It's not HIV! No way! No how!

Do you need any additional HIV testing? No, absolutely not. You are HIV negative.

What should you do? I suggest you get psychological counseling to help you confront your completely irrational fears of being HIV positive and accept the wonderful news that you are HIV negative. Also, you seem to be harboring a considerable amount of guilt from your one-time indiscretion. I suggest you level with your wife, if you haven't already. And also discuss your guilt feelings with your counselor.

Good luck!

Is cash an exceptable donation?
Woo-Hoo!!!!