HIV Risk

Hi from Uk - Unfortunatley last week me & my partner had unsafe sex (very drunk) he is hiv+ and im - (well I think now) his viral load is undetectable and cd4 count @ 460 very worrried and I know we were bit stupid

Thanks for that piece of news. And I agree with what you said. But, you didn't ask a question. I suggest you read through the archives section related to magnetic couples. It may help.

There is no doubt unprotected sex with an HIV-positive partner places you at risk for HIV. You'll need to be tested at the three-month mark and if the exposure was significant (you didn't provide details), such as receptive anal sex, you'll also need a follow-up test at six months to confirm your negative status.

I should also point out that for unavoidable exposures (condom failure) or even the drunken indiscretions, PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) could be considered, depending on the level of risk/exposure. This is most effective when begun immediately after the exposure, and it must be started no later than 72 hours after the exposure. Your partner's HIV specialist should be able to help evaluate your risk and provide PEP if warranted.

Good luck!

3rd time asking.. PLEASE answer
Sex with a kenyan prostitute Worried Sick