Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Bonjour, from a nice Brit chick
Jul 1, 2006

Hi Doctor Bob,

Dig my French? That is all I can write in French, but you seem quite versed in the language of love.

Ok, here is my question. I read here in the UK that in terms of oral sex on a guy, all it takes a drop of two of precum to infect the person sucking the mans penis. Also, there is a sex doctor in one of the big Tabloids here that recently wrote if you give a guy or head and he just recently become HIV positive, your risk of aquiring HIV from infected precum going up from a fraction of a percentage to close to 10-15%. It scared the beejeezes out of me. I am a cute woman, single, 31 and often have dated bi guys and I have enjoyed giving them oral sex, I am darn good at it (without cum). The way I starve off full ejaculation is telling them I give AMAZING head, if you cum in mouth I will bite your dick - this has worked for me so far! I am sure, in my love of sucking I may have sucked a positive chap or two. what do advise regarding oral risks. Extremely low?

Thanks Luv, come see us sometime over the pond. I am sure her majesty would have you over for a cup of tea.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Do I dig your French? Mais oui. C'est formidable!

As for the sex doctor's advice in your tabloid, well all I can say is tabloids will be tabloids. I wouldn't suggest relying on tabloids for sound medical advice any more than I would suggest relying on medical journals for pictures of Baby Brangelina or the inside scoop on Tom Cruise's latest Scientology bullshit.

Regarding pre-cum, what we can say is that it can contain HIV, but usually at much lower levels than that found in blood or spunk. Our statistical estimates for receptive oral sex remain unchanged by the revelations of the UK tabloid sex doctor. For receptive unprotected oral sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive, the estimated per-act risk for acquiring HIV is 1 per 10,000. Distinct risk estimates have not been generated for ejaculate vs. pre-cum, nor for early infection vs. chronic disease. However, I can tell you that the 10-15% number that scared the bejesus out of you must have been pulled out of the sex doctor's butt, because it certainly is not backed up by science. Bottom line: oral sex remains a very low risk activity!

Regarding your method to keep dudes from popping their corks during your "AMAZING" head, I don't doubt that it works. In fact, I'm surprised it doesn't scare the trouser snake right back into his 2xist tighty whities the moment you mention it!

Thanks for the invite for a nice "cuppa" with Queenie. What time should I arrive?

Dr. Bob

Previous
Did I get a False Positive?
Next
Cartwheeling English Guy would like to say www.walkforlife.co.uk

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.