my risk for HIV

Hi, i'm worried sick. I stupidly had a fumble with another man. We masterbated together and he came, and then he gave me a blow job. Never done this before and now I'm scarred of my risk of HIV. I have no one I can turn to and I'm scarred stiff. My life will be ruined if I get HIV as I won't be able to do my job. I have a test tomorrow, but it has only been 5 weeks since it happened.

Please help...

You're "scared stiff" about what you did with your stiffy?

Relax, Guy. Insertive oral sex carries an extremely low risk for HIV transmission. The estimated per-act risk for unprotected insertive oral sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 0.5 per 10,000 exposures! Your risk would be even less, as we don't know the HIV status of the guy you "fumbled" with.

My advice is to stop worrying! If you remain concerned, get a single HIV test at the three-month mark. Testing prior to this is not considered to be definitive. In addition, it appears you have some issues around this first-time experience with another man that need to be addressed. Counseling could help sort out these issues as well as help you cope with you unwarranted fears of HIV.

Finally, I would suggest you spend some time reading through the wealth of information on this site and related links as well as in the archives of this forum. You should find the information enlightening, encouraging and reassuring.

Good luck!

Can't find in Archives RE: HIV 2 antibodies