Can't find in Archives RE: HIV 2 antibodies

hello Dr Bob,

First of all let me start of by saying how AMAZING a person you are, thank you so much for being that genuine, sincere and empathetic person.

I searched the archives and could not find a definitive answer regarding HIV 2 antibody production.

I had unprotected sex with a female of unknown status and began to worry afterwards. Nonetheless I had an EIA hiv 1/2 done approximately 12 months afterwards which turned out to be Negative.

1) Do HIV 2 antibodies develop along the same time frame as HIV 1 antibodies.

2) Should I have another HIV 1/2 test done. I know you say that at three months a negative test is definitive and conclusive HOWEVER does that same rule apply to HIV 2.

Donation is on the way.

A stressed out Andrew

Thanks for your kind comments.

1. Yep!

2. Nope! It's not at all necessary. Yes, the three-month rule applies to HIV-2 as well.

Thanks for your donation (

Stay well. Stop worrying. You are fine and dandy, OK?

My Opinion of You..... "What a waste"
my risk for HIV