Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

My test result is waiting for me but..
Jun 28, 2006

Hey Doctor Bob, Timmy here. Don't know if you got my earlier message, computer crashed right after I click submit. Got a bad day today. Boss said I have to go. 3 months is a long time eh? What's even worse? How about that my test (hiv) result is waiting for me, and I don't want to know the result, because I'm too chicken?

I know you said that I am well, and I was safe, but I figured that paranoid like me, only a test, which I've been avoiding, can give me peace of mind. So I got tested. Sorry, I know you said that I'm well and my activity was safe, but still.

Regarding my exposure, you know it already. The female sex worker mouth-rolled a condom on me and I'm not sure if the meatus was completely covered before she did that. However I'm sure at least most of the meatus was covered before she used her mouth to roll down the condom, and it happened fast, the contact couldn't be more than one second.

Actually there was mutual masturbation, too. I got a hand job for my tallywhacker, checked her hands, no cuts or active wounds. I also inserted one finger into her vagina, and there was no cuts/wounds on my finger, either. So I figured it was ok, and left it out.

So here I am, writing to you again, not even a confirmed positive. I can only imagine what journey people live with hiv have to go through!

Will my picking up the test result be the first step of an hiv journey of my own? Wanna bet? $100.

Live well, Timmy

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Timmy,

Sure, I'll take that bet! In fact, I'm so sure you'll lose (happily) that I'll tell my foundation that the funds are as good as in the bank!

Good luck! (Even though, in reality, you don't even need it!)

Dr. Bob

Previous
Hepl needed in Saudi Arabia!!!
Next
Fight and HIV (5th time asking) READ AND ANSWER PLEASE!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.